Packing for a Condo Trip (just a suggestion)

LOML and I have a pending trip to the beach. I can't wait, and it's heavy on my mind. In constantly thinking preparing for it, I feel compelled to share with you what I have found is most handy for us before we head to the beach. In general, we tend to rent condos. In doing so fairly often I've found that there are certain items that are needed pretty consistently. Granted the rental company does provide a few items (TP, towels and washrags, dishcloths, a little soap, etc), and the kitchens are stocked with the basics (plates, pans, silverware, coffee maker, toaster, etc.); there are a few other necessities that are needed if you plan to cook at all. Here's the list of items I've found most useful for these trips:
  • Paper towels
  • Toilet paper
  • Garbage bags
  • Drinking straws
  • Ziplocks
  • Plastic wrap
  • Aluminum foil
  • Coffee
  • Creamer
  • Sugar
  • Coffee filters
  • Chip clips
  • Salt and pepper
  • Garlic Powder (or other spices/seasonings)
  • Sponges
  • Dish Soap
  • Dishwasher Detergent
  • Beer huggers
  • Scotch tape
  • Scissors
  • Non-stick spray
  • Multi-purpose wipes
  • Laundry supplies (those new 3-in-1 sheets are perfect)
In fact, I have a lidded storage container in which I keep the majority of these items - we call it the "Condo Box" and have also found it useful for our camper. Take a look -

I've gotten that off my chest and shared some useful information with you!! I hope this helps at some point. I know having this box packed and ready eases my mind when we do decide to take a trip down to the Gulf. And, you have NO IDEA how disappointing it is to try and make breakfast without salt and pepper, or wake up to realize you forgot coffee filters, or discover that are no garbage bags for all those beer bottles . . .  :)
OH! I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea! I need to make one of those for when we take trips.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

Bead Box 18 - Reveal

 Hey y'all! I'm popping in to share the completed jewelry pieces that came out of Bead Box 18 . I've actually already stocked an...