Following an urge (eventually) and Meal Plan Monday

I woke this morning full of a vigor for life. . .hahahahahaha!
Actually, I awoke to the hubs almost having to pull me from the bed to go to the gym. I was halfway through my time on the elliptical before I was good and awake. However, once home I had (as I put it on twitter this morning) the "urge to purge." I desperately wanted to do some spring cleaning and organizing, especially in the craft room. Weird! Urges to clean don't usually just rise up in me, so it's best that I hop on them before the feeling fades.

Unfortunately, I knew there were other tasks that required my attention first. Namely, the menu and grocery shopping needed to be taken care of. I mean. . .it IS Menu Plan Monday after all.

Breakfasts: Juice, Yogurt w/granola & fruit, Scrambled eggs w/toast & fruit, Blueberry pancakes

Lunches: Leftovers, Juice, Bean burritos, Grilled cheese w/soup, Tuna noodles, PB&J

Dinners
Skinny spaghetti squash alfredo w/steamed broccoli & sauteed mushrooms
Grilled Chicken w/veggie skewers (onion, zucchini, mushrooms, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper) & potatoes
Tao Soup w/tortilla chips
BBQ tofu pizza w/salad
Guiltless cheesy mac w/steamed green beans


Once that was all taken care of I was free to. . .make a custom order. Sigh. I am a busy girl!
Eventually I carved out about half an hour to start sorting through the mess. After that, the craft room looked like this.
Taken from the doorway

NOT clean and organized!! Somehow things always get messier before they get organized. PLEASE tell me this the same for you! Since I can't really get in the room well in this state, I'm hoping the urge continues tomorrow and most likely for a few days after that. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

Oh, and do you have any organizing tips?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! I'm so NOT a morning girl and it takes me quite a while to get going. I certainly don't have the energy to exercise right after waking.

    Yes, there seems to be more of a mess when you are trying to de-clutter. We have so much clutter that sometimes I don't even know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My craft area usually looks even scarier than that -- but you can tell where I sit amidst the chaos, because there's always one clear circle of space...Organizing always starts by looking more disorganized than when you started. You gotta tear it apart to see how it needs to go back together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

Bead Box 18 - Reveal

 Hey y'all! I'm popping in to share the completed jewelry pieces that came out of Bead Box 18 . I've actually already stocked an...