Too Many Ideas Often Leads to Low Productivity (for me)

My mind is spinning this morning.
I have so many ideas, so many tasks I want to accomplish, so many directions I want to take. The problem is, when I have this many options I tend to avoid ALL of them and do something else entirely. Yeah, I can be scattered like that.
This picture has nothing to do with the blog post, I just like it! :)

So, what are these options that have me so bewildered? Well, if you must ask. . .
** I want to do another giveaway, but first I need to finish making the item(s) to give away.
** I need some more pictures for this blog
** I have some thrifty purchases and revamps that I want to highlight here
** There are some designs in my head that I want to play around with
** NINE of the items in my shop will be expiring at the end of the month, and I don't know how I want to handle that. . mark down? renew? try another venue?
** I need to take some more pictures of the items I do have completed
** My feed reader is out of control
** There are so many more that it's pointless to waste time and list them all here

Now. . . where do I start? I want to take pictures, create, write blog posts, research options, etc. My typical response to having to make a directional decision is to go shopping. Yep, avoidance!!! But. . . I think I'm going to face the music today and really try to bust out the work.

I guess that means I need to finish up this blog post in a hurry.
Let's see. . .since I blogged last, I listed two new items in the shop
Zebra of a Different Color Earrings
Bright Beauty Necklace

*~Crafty Links~*
The 'theme' for today is JEWELRY!!!
  • Craft Gossip's Needlework section shares some images of Smocked necklaces. I know nothing about smocking, but these are definitely inspiring!
  • The folks at Whip Up have a fab tutorial on making a layered felt flower brooch. The possibilities with this are endless!
  • If you've been hanging here long enough, you know how much I love to incorporate buttons into my jewelry. This layered button necklace as shared by Martha Stewart's niece is pretty cool too.
  • While I don't buy fabric for sewing, I do buy it for trying out projects like this one. Intended as a way to recycle fabric scraps, these braided necklaces are just too cute for me to wait for SCRAPS!! I don't sew near enough for that!
Before I head out, here's some fun stuff for your Friday!
  • Check out this funny church sign. Oh, it's not the message that's funny, it's the name of the church!
  • As a student of psychology, I love this comic that makes fun of Pavlov.
  • Lastly is this video. I like movies where dancing is involved (at least older ones: Footloose, Dirty Dancing, old musicals, etc. . not the Step it Ups of today) In any case, this video is pretty rad!
Time to hop on that to do list like it's a grenade!
Happy Friday ALL!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

    NEW website (and blog to go with it)

     Hey y'all!! I've got some news. It's great, but also bittersweet. After almost NINETEEN years here on Blogger/Blogspot, I'v...