Southern Bloggers Jubilee Met at the Grand Hotel

Almost two weeks ago I had another fun Southern Bloggers Jubilee meeting with a group of fabulous ladies. Our meeting location this month was at the beautiful Grand Hotel in Point Clear, Alabama. I just had to snap a ton of pictures to share how lovely this location is, especially during Christmas.
Gorgeous stained glass and wood doors greet you as you enter the lobby.
The entrance and check-in area was decorated to the nines.
Up a few stairs, you enter a cozy, lodge-like great room with lots of seating.
There, I also marveled over the grand Christmas tree just next to the warmth of the fireplace.
As well, there was a corner set up and waiting for Santa's arrival.
The other bloggers and I met in Bucky's Birdcage Lounge with a view of Mobile Bay.
While the other ladies were able to linger for lunch, I wasn't able to stay for what I heard was a delicious meal. I did take a peek in the dining room to check out their gingerbread replica of the Grand Hotel's grounds, complete with a working train. (Mind you there is no train that I know of at the hotel, the train just seemed to complete the gingerbread scene.)
I did take my time strolling back to my car and taking in the scenery.
I took another peek at the Bay,
enjoyed the dappled December sunlight on this ivy-lined path,
and couldn't help but marvel at the great oaks even in the parking lot.
Everywhere I went on my visit to the Grand Hotel, I was greeted in a genuinely warm manner. Every staff person I encountered had a smile and kind words. There was a true and welcoming feeling of Southern Hospitality throughout the resort. It really helped me find a little more of the Christmas spirit I needed.

Thanks to the Grand Hotel Point Clear for hosting our meeting.

Make sure to check out the sites of my fellow members in attendance at December's Southen Bloggers Jubilee:

Happy Holidays y'all!

11 comments:

  1. The covered walkway with the vine covered columns is a great shot. I always love walking through there. The grounds are so pretty everywhere you look though, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine, Oh yeah! I loved that area. I took more than one photo of it. I love a little mossy, viney anything - so mythical! Yes, the grounds were indeed beautiful. I don't go to the Grand near enough though. Our meeting there was a great way to re-introduce myself to it!

      Delete
  2. The hotel's Christmas decor is beautiful! I love that gingerbread replica of the grounds. Adorable. It must have been fun meeting up with fellow bloggers. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Grand Hotel. Such a beautiful place. Now I need to go check out more details on your bloggers group! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabitha/Penny (I'm confused by your name, sorry), We had a really nice time there. I do hope you'll check out our group and try to make it to one of our meetings in the new year! Looking forward to possibly meeting you :)

      Delete
  4. Fantastic pics, Hope! You did a great job capturing the mood of the resort.
    judypimperl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds absolutely lovely. Thank you for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candy, It definitely was! I appreciate you popping in! Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. Hope that looks like such a beautiful place to relax with friends. I just know it was a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, It was just lovely! We had a great meeting and the scenery was perfection! Thank so much for dropping in! :)

      Delete
  7. The Grand Hotel is one of my favorite places! I also did a story today about the hotel's Christmas brunch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

NEW website (and blog to go with it)

 Hey y'all!! I've got some news. It's great, but also bittersweet. After almost NINETEEN years here on Blogger/Blogspot, I'v...