My Aim for 2017

It's an all new year!

I’ve tried to give some thought to this new year and what I want from it. While 2016’s goals and tasks and word weren’t really all that lofty, I still fell behind a little more each week and ended up feeling overwhelmed. 

For this coming year, I want to be a little more conservative. I’m going to try to make time in each day for 15 minutes of art and 15 minutes of exercise. That's it. There’s plenty more I could aim for, but if I can nail these two down I’d like to think that the rest will follow. It’s my year for Pete's sake. I can even change these and set brand new goals at any time. Any. Time. It doesn’t have to be a new year to have new aspirations. Life’s already complicated enough. I need more simple.

So, that’s my start. What are your plans for 2017?

I linked this post on the 2017 One Word Blog Hop at Create with Joy

5 comments:

  1. I have been thinking for months what I want from myself for 2017. I want to start my craft project book. With this book I will put my inspiration pieces together and add a pic of my final project. Excited to start! My other goal is to have 30 minutes a day just to breath for me time. I may walk, read, go to library or just DINK.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish for you all the best on these goals! Go out there and grab 2017 by the horns! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful quote! I love your goals. Simple and achievable. I never make resolutions, rather create goals throughout the year when I feel ready to accomplish something. My only goal at the moment is a kitchen renovation. Our cabinets are solid wood and beautiful. However the stain is dated and ugly. So slowly I will be changing them to white. After that we need a designer to come in and build out the rest of the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you've managed to clear your mind and decide on simpler but important goals! I am not putting mine in writing - last year's unspoken ones were accomplshed partially and I hope for better this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goals sound wonderful! It's horrible when you fall behind & then end up dreading them. That's why I make goals & then tend to forget them. I take a look at the end of the year to find out how close I came & sometimes are pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

NEW website (and blog to go with it)

 Hey y'all!! I've got some news. It's great, but also bittersweet. After almost NINETEEN years here on Blogger/Blogspot, I'v...