Thrifty Thursday (September Thrifty Haul)

Between the storm and all the work after it, there wasn't much time to do much shopping in September. However, I did pick up a few thrifty bits while out for other errands. Here are a few of my favorites.

At the thrift store, I found these.

I lucked up on a small collection of these Fossil Watch tins. Initially, I only bought a few of them but ended up going back for the rest. 

I also found what looks like a vintage sheet (though it may not be) and several small lampshades for a steal.

Oh, and there were these two BIG bags of ribbon for practically nothing. 

Of course, I can't pass up deals at the Dollar Tree either.
I got these two shades of "creepy cloth" at the start of the month. I thought they might add some nice texture in my art journaling. Now, I just need to use them.

There were also several sets of these stickers that celebrate little accomplishments for adults. They totally tickle me!

And, I even bought some Halloween supplies that I used and transformed into something fun.
I saw a glimpse of this project online and knew I had to make a set of Fairy Skeletons. They were so very simple too!

I found several other steals as well, but you'll have to check out my September Thrifty Haul video to get a better look at them all. 

What about you? Found any good deals lately?

7 comments:

  1. If only I had that much ribbon... I literally keep every scrap of ribbon I have for my sewing projects but if I had that much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised to find so much! I never see ribbon at the thrift store anymore. It looks as though a lot of it was from the clearance bin at Walmart. But, for my uses, that's fine. Here's hoping you luck up too!

      Delete
  2. You had quite a month of treasure hunting! The tins are especially awesome and I wonder what your plans are for those.?? Some very pretty vintage type colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, I'm so surprised at how much I found for only three trips out. Right now, the tins are actually holding my watercolor crayons and pencils - at least the bottoms are. The tops are off to the side to maybe get made into jewelry later, if I can bear to cut into them! ;) Thanks for popping in!

      Delete
  3. The tins and the ribbons are really good finds! And so are the rest ones :) I'm sure they will inspire you for new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always find the best tins. I can't wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, Ha! My luck with tins has been so-so lately. But, I really have more than I know what to do with right now. However, I just couldn't pass these up. They were too good of a deal. Now, to actually create something. . .

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

NEW website (and blog to go with it)

 Hey y'all!! I've got some news. It's great, but also bittersweet. After almost NINETEEN years here on Blogger/Blogspot, I'v...