Cruise Review

I am REALLY trying to get back into the swing of things after my little vacation.First, I want to tell you that I had a really great time on the cruise and definitely made some memories. For one, I really enjoyed the people I was cruising with. Not only was I there with the ladies from my Mardi Gras Society, but that included one of my best friends and her husband, my mom and step-dad, and my cousin. Also on the cruise were some of my Fairhope friends. Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend much time with those guys during the cruise - bummer.On the upside, I did have a few exciting things happen:
1. I got to eat dinner at the Captain's table (thanks to my cousin) on formal night. That was both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because who knows if I'll ever get to do that again, and a curse because I worried all day about how to present myself, making smalltalk, etc. and because the officer who sat next to me was fairly dull (though close in age - another blessing.)
2. At the show on Saturday night, I was called to the front of the audience by the singer to 'break it down' (dance) and then to sing. The dancing went GREAT, the singing - well, it was a definite reminder that LOML is the musical one.
3. Mexico was nice and I found just what I needed.
4. The casino was good to me. I didn't win big by any means, but I did walk off the boat with more than I should've.This year on the cruise, I tried to stay fairly well-behaved and drank very little overall. I also took some vitamin B and drank Powerade to stay hydrated and have no hangovers. It really did work, except for the last full day when the boat rocked constantly. That made me a little sick. In the end, it will definitely be a trip I remember.Hopefully, I'll be back to normal posting tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

NEW website (and blog to go with it)

 Hey y'all!! I've got some news. It's great, but also bittersweet. After almost NINETEEN years here on Blogger/Blogspot, I'v...