Getting My Craft Bag Back On

It's been a while since I mentioned what's in my "Craft Bag." I've come to realize that now that I'm no longer traveling to and from a regular desk job anymore the need to have a craft project (or two) with me at all times has dwindled.
I'm working full time now as a crafter/artist.
I'm surrounded by and inundated with craft projects that must be done to feed my shop.
I don't create for pleasure and leisure anymore, but yet it's still a pleasure to create.
I've heard that when you start doing what you love for a living, sometimes it becomes more of a chore. That hasn't happened to me yet and here's hoping it doesn't either.

I think I've strayed off topic. I was talking about my craft bags. Well, while there's been a shortage in need for them, today I actually packed up a quick one to take my youngest niece to the Dentist. I don't wait well so I always need something to occupy myself while I wait. This craft bag was short and sweet. Basically, I scooped up much of what was on the craft desk yesterday along with some wire, pliers, and head pins and tossed it in a bag.


As well, I grabbed my newest copies of Stringing and Belle Armoire Jewelry, a notebook, and the iPad (to write this.) I was prepared!! So yeah, I crafted in public and I love it. However, I found it odd that I didn't get any stares or sideways glances with the pile of pliers and wire in my lap. I guess people at the pediatric dentist office are more polite than I thought...

Of course, THIS TIME I actually had my business cards with me and wanted some inquiries. Last week Pat and I made it out to lunch where the waitress asked about the soldered collage necklace I was wearing. She even had another waitress come over to check out the pendant. While she was mostly interested in the process and materials for making one, I could have directed her to my blog and/or shop of I had only had those darn card with me. I've learned my lesson.

Speaking of directing people to my shop, I listed this necklace this morning.


Head over to the shop for more info on it.

On a side note, I really need to work on my HTML skills so I can include links in these iPad posts!

For now, let's see if this method works any...
*~Crafty Links~* (theme is General)
1. Making paper on flickr
2. Make dorset buttons with o-rings and embroidery thread
3. Make fabric buttons with o-rings, fabric, embroidery thread, and felt
4. Transform holiday tins
5. DIY screen printing

Wild, Wild Web Wednesday
1. I've got a waffle iron I've used only minimally. However, these unusual waffle recipes may remedy that: ---waffled pizza pockets -  ---Also, check out wafflizer -  ---AND you can even make better less messy bacon in a waffle iron
2. Magic dots - this is not really a game but a fun little time waster. Just select "Balls 2" and then move cursor over the colored dots - again and again! Pretty too!
3. These realistic cartoon characters are pretty creepy.

Maybe once I get home I can fix these links. Sorry for now! Gotta get my learn on!
I fixed some of the ugliness that was on this page on Thursday morning. Be glad if you missed it!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

NEW website (and blog to go with it)

 Hey y'all!! I've got some news. It's great, but also bittersweet. After almost NINETEEN years here on Blogger/Blogspot, I'v...