November Altered Playing Cards and Process Videos (FINALLY!)

I've put a hold on making the altered playing cards for swaps, despite still making altered cards as one of my personal weekly tasks. However, I've got a backlog of process videos that I recorded of the swap cards I did make. Since I'm trying to only upload videos while we sleep, I've been forgetting to start the uploads before bed. I succeeded the other night in remembering to get November's cards uploaded. Here are the links to Video 1 and Video 2, but you can also view them at the end of the post. Here's a look at the cards I made.
That's the whole bunch of them.

Card one was a simple layering of collage papers, paint, stencils, and stamps for the background. The focal is a stamp on some whitewashed dictionary paper with a stabilo all pencil frame and a few doodles.

The second card came together fairly easily. The background was made with embossed scrapbook paper accented with distress ink. A grungeboard arrow was altered with Iced Enamels and sealed, and a simple motivational phrase sticker was added to the top of the card.

Card three was a lot of fun to make. Some paper from a shipping slip was glued to the card. The dots were made and outlined from a stencil. The flowers are a Rae Messigman stamp that I accented with watercolor markers and a water brush. For the motivational phrase, I used one I had printed on plain copy paper. The card and phrase are accented with distress ink around the outside.

This fourth card was my partner's favorite. I have to say I'm partial to it as well. The background is layers of collage papers, gesso, stamps, and doodles. I found the cat image from a Dover free sample and the words were a clear sticker. Charcoal was used to circle the words and accent the outer edge of the card.

The fifth card probably had more steps than were necessary for such a simple result (you'll see in the video). Embossed scrapbook paper was rubbed down with several layers/colors of ink. The word is a stamp placed on some yellowed paper. The edges were darkened, and that was it.

Finally, the sixth card was a cluster of not-sure-what-to-do. It started with some bright paint, stencils, and stamps. Black circles and dots were added before a harlequin cut out was glued down. I stamped the phrase from a Tim Holtz stamp set onto a tag sticker. That sticker was glued to some stamped deli paper and tied on with ribbon before I called it done.

Anyway, here are the videos for the full details. Oh, and these two videos are my first two attempts at doing voice-overs. They are kinda quiet, so you may want to turn your volume up a bit.

And, here's the second one. This one's a bit louder than the first, but not much.

I hope you like my process. despite some struggles with making these and getting them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

NEW website (and blog to go with it)

 Hey y'all!! I've got some news. It's great, but also bittersweet. After almost NINETEEN years here on Blogger/Blogspot, I'v...