Outside, In the Yard (FGF)

Oh! You should be so proud of me - Yesterday, I participated in the household chore I detest the most – Yard Work!!This is actually a crepe myrtle in my yard (really!)

I felt a little guilty as LOML* did some yard work on Wednesday evening while I went out with a friend. So I knocked off from work early yesterday to get some new yard gloves for him, and then we started the work. He worked in the back of the house and I in the front. LOML* probably got 30 sq ft or more (I’m bad with estimating but it was a sizable area) cleaned under my lovely, old oak tree, while I struggled with the 10ft X 4 ft weed bed in the front yard. It used to be a beautiful flower bed when we bought the house. However, this was until I realized how much I hate gardening. I never knew that the biggest problem with my flowerbed would be grass. I understood having weeds in my grass, but having grass as one of my weeds - Inconceivable!! Since I was competing with the afternoon sun on the west side of the house (with NO shade), I nearly passed out and thus quit after about an hour. Of course, I also did some laundry, cooked dinner, and cleaned the kitchen. So, I do not feel nearly as bad as I should, since LOML* worked in the back yard for two hours longer than me while I watched Project Runway on TiVo. Ah well, at least I tried.

At Last! At Last! At Last - It's "Feel Good Friday"So go, go do something outside. It's the weekend already!! Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

NEW website (and blog to go with it)

 Hey y'all!! I've got some news. It's great, but also bittersweet. After almost NINETEEN years here on Blogger/Blogspot, I'v...