Peek at My Week (Nov 8-14)

How was your week? As for myself (and Pat), we started it still feeling a little off-kilter and needed a mood booster. So, we made a quick run down to Gulf Shores for some beach therapy.


The sun, saltwater, and sea air definitely helped us center ourselves a little more. 

Monday was mostly about going through the motions. Our new phones came in, and I couldn't wait to activate them so I could test out the camera.
Since it was evening, I got a great idea of how well night-mode worked! Seriously, it was pitch-black out when I took this photo. So cool!

On Tuesday, I worked on chores before heading to Mobile to meet my niece for her dentist appointment. I gave myself a little extra time to get over there so that I could wander one of my favorite antique malls before the appointment. Alas, I didn't find anything that needed to come home with me. On the way home, I was fortunate to catch the sunset along Mobile Bay.

After I put the chickens to bed (closed up their coops), I spied this tiny gecko that we've all been ogling for a few days.
The holes in that screen are pretty small if that gives you any kind of size reference. 

I knew I've been putting off making some jewelry for longer than I should. So, on Wednesday, I made it a priority to at least start pulling out materials that piqued my interest.
But, that was about as far as I got on that.

I did take a little time to walk around the yard with Zoe and test out the phone's camera more. 
This is just one of a whole series of pictures I collected. I'm totally smitten with my new "toy".

On Thursday, I worked in ernest on coming up with designs and stocking my bead box (I should have a reveal of the last one for you sometime this week!)

For the first time in something like eight months, we ate at a restaurant! A friend of ours was coming through town and met us at a local place for lunch on the patio. It was his first time at a restaurant since March too! In the afternoon, I craved working in an art journal, so I played.

On Friday (the 13th), I was up early, and ready to be creative.

I began the day on the deck with my doodle book and journals.

After that, I had a hard time focusing on the household chores as I really just wanted to keep stocking the bead box. It felt so good to have some creative mojo back after such a block. I even worked on another art journal page.

While there's still so much to accomplish out in the yard on the recovery front, I felt focused on working on tasks in the house, both cleaning and creative. So, I did what I felt driven to do. In the late afternoon, Pat and I enjoyed a few beers out on the swing together before the sun set.
I admired all the fall colors on my Japanese Maple tree.

I'm pleased that my muse may be returning and hope that you're finding some inspiration too. Here's some I found for you!
  • This leather cord wrap bracelet tutorial inspired me so much that I've got something similar in mind stocked in the bead box now. 
  • While looking at the monthly palettes from Halcraft Collection, I stumbled on the tutorial for this bright and fun juicy bracelet. 
  • It's not too early to start on your Christmas projects. Here's a roundup of 150 Simple Christmas Decorating Ideas that mostly include repurposing items!
  • Speaking of Christmas, I found these Free Embroidey Patterns for Christmas. 
  • I've never made a rope necklace but this Rope Necklace Tutorial makes it look easy enough. 
  • There's something really appealing about these DIY Faux Enamel Number Tags. I'm not sure how I would use these but am glad to have learned the techniques. 
  • Somehow, I totally forgot that I was subscribed to the CrafsMan but stumbled on his Copper Patinas Tutorial. He's super entertaining. I've now got my husband watching his videos, and CrafsMan inspired me to patina a washer for the bead box!
And, that's it for this week. I hope yours has been wonderful and that you have a fabulous week ahead! Let me know what's inspiring you. 

1 comment:

  1. Your new phone is doing a great job with the pictures! I'm sure you will be taking more with pleasure :) I like the rope necklace tutorial, now I'm thinking of creative ways to use it in my work :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

NEW website (and blog to go with it)

 Hey y'all!! I've got some news. It's great, but also bittersweet. After almost NINETEEN years here on Blogger/Blogspot, I'v...