Weekend Crafty Plans

I'm so excited!!
LOML* and I are going camping this weekend. We're going to pull our RV to the campground where some friends of ours camped a few weeks ago.
[I know it's Mother's Day weekend and all, but I haven't had a free weekend in a few months. So, I took care of the Mother's Day gifts already, they should be on the way there as I type.]
Last night, I packed my craft bags for the weekend. I hadn't even begun packing clothes yet. LOML* walked into the craft room, shook his head, and said that he thought I actually liked packing up my craft supplies more than the going somewhere. Of course, at that point, we still weren't sure if we were going to be able to get a spot at the RV Park, or if we were going to have to resort to plans B or C (B- hotel in Destin, FL and C - hotel in New Orleans.) He may be right about the craft supply packing. I get excited about finding new ways to carry a lot of stuff in a little space.
Wanna know what I'm taking?
Well, I've got a "small" bead bag packed with a variety of findings, wire, thread, pliers, and (of course) beads. I like to use fishing tackle boxes to store and tote my beads. At some point, I'll take a picture of all three of my tackle boxes. As well, I'm taking a general craft bag that has supplies for the following additional crafts
1. Embroidery - needles, hoop, embroidery thread, & fabric squares
2. Decoupage Jewelry - wood beads and bracelet blanks, acrylic paint, paintbrushes, gel medium, pieces of scrap paper, magazines, scissors, glitter, & sealer
3. Doodling/Drawing - journal, watercolor paper, gel pen, & watercolors
4. Coloring - fancy grown-up coloring book, crayons, colored pencils, & electric pencil sharpener
5. Tags - paper tags, hole puncher, brayer, glue stick, & thread
6. Shrink plastic pendants - Shrink plastic, sharpies, & clipboard

Since I am at work right now, I can't check my bag to see if there's anything else or not - I feel like I'm forgetting to list SOMETHING. Yeah, it's a pretty big bag, but I've got all kinds if little travel containers for the supplies to consolidate them. I can't wait!! LOML* will play in the water and windsurf. When I'm not playing in the water, I'll craft. I'm looking forward to the break from the house and running around.

I always bring a small craft bag to work (just in case). This morning, I pulled a few supplies from the big travel bag to bring with me. You can see the bag in the pic above, here are a few of the supplies pulled out and splayed on the desk at work.

I've only got a few more hours to work then it's home, finish gathering a few items, hook up the camper, and TO THE BEACH!! Too fun! I will try to blog a bit while we're there - between all the crafting and playing in the water!

I hope you have great weekend plans too!

Since it is also "Feel Good Friday" - Check out these links:Have a fun and Feel Good Weekend!

*LOML=Love of My Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! It means so very much to me. I love to hear what you have to say.

NEW website (and blog to go with it)

 Hey y'all!! I've got some news. It's great, but also bittersweet. After almost NINETEEN years here on Blogger/Blogspot, I'v...